Nadedza of Nadezda's Northern Garden recently honored me with the Sunshine Award. Thanks! Instead of selecting just a few fellow bloggers to pass it on to, I'd like to send it to everyone on my blogroll. You're fabulous! Once bestowed, the blogger is asked to reveal 7 facts about themselves. Here goes:
1. I'm a very open, easy going person who tends to say what I feel. This actually gets me into trouble sometimes!
'Purple Dome' asters
2. I grew up watching Star Trek, The Twilight Zone, MASH, and The Benny Hill Show with my dad which resulted in a fear of wearing red in a transporter, the knowledge that aliens carrying the book To Serve Man are planning to eat me, and a naughty sense of humor.
3. I love Irish music.
4. My favorite author is Geraldine Brooks. I've read People of the Book, March, and Year of Wonders.
5. One of my favorite places in nearby DC is the Reading Room in the Library of Congress. I have a researchers pass so I can go in and read. I think all libraries should be this beautiful!
The Reading Room at the Library of Congress
6. I think laughter, wine, and time spent with wonderful people is the best medicine.
7. Before becoming a teacher, I wanted to be a foreign correspondent/writer. But I didn't want to spend any time in war zones. I really just wanted to get paid to go to Tahiti and then write about it.
As long as that hammock is big enough for me and James Bond, it's all good.